Bears v Oilers

Hey everyone. Recently I played in a soccer match with my college team, Ohio Northern Men's Soccer, and we played against the Findlay Oilers. This has been a highly anticipated game. We have beaten the same teams by similar scores, which meant we knew the match up was going to be a close one. 

During our warmup things were looking lackluster. The ball kept popping into the air for our first touch and it was overall sloppy. I got labeled the starting left back, so when the starters made their way onto the field, we knew what we had prepared for. It was time to throw away all of the poor touches and go and win this game. Within the first ten minutes we had taken control of the game. We knocked the ball around the back and attempted to attack both sides of their defense looking for a way through. Finally, we get a chance. The ball gets switched over to my side and I decide I am going to take this guy for a sprint. I pushed it down the left side and crept into the box. Soon after the defender slide tackled me and rewarded us with a penalty kick. We went on to score and we were up one to zero going into halftime. 

Second half takes off and they immediately started playing defense. They did not press us until we got into their half of the field. That made it easy for me, which I was able to push the ball and pass to my teammates in open spaces. After about twenty minutes I am subbed off, as I am drinking water, I turn around to see that they are one on one with our keeper. We ended up passing them the ball to give them the chance to tie, in which they do. It was upsetting to watch that happen. When the game ended, it ended in a draw. Both teams were proud of the result, and we anticipate that the next time we play them, we will win, not tie. 

Comments

Popular Posts