Hanging up the boots

It is sad to say that my collegiate soccer career has come to an end. The upsetting defeat to Williams was the heartbreaking moment for many, but not for me. My heartbreak came in my match against Findlay. It was the final ten minutes, and an opposing player kicked my calf giving me a horrible contusion. I knew that the recovery time for this injury was the remainder of the season. Tears fell from my face, but in the end of the day I came out a stronger person. I am glad that I have seven other friends that are experiencing the same thing as me. That makes it easy to confess my feelings and get weight off my chest. 

I think that when I get to my senior banquet all these feelings will rush back into me. Giving that goodbye speech will bring out some emotions. Although, soccer being over is like a double-edged sword. Mainly because of all the time commitment it consumed, I am now given the chance to be done with my homework at 5p.m. I will miss playing with the boys every day, but I am still going to play in leagues that are located around me.  





Comments

  1. I relate to this so much. Hanging up my volleyball shoes was one of the most heartbreaking events. You never know how much it meant to you until its taken away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess all good things really do come to an end. For the few games I did come to it was great to see you play. Doors open and close all the time, some are a lot sadder than others. I hope you'll find some new opportunities to fill your time with in your final semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will always be thankful to have been teammates with you. Unfortunate we were only able to do it for one season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been an honor playing the last four years with you. It'll be weird without soccer, but I have a feeling we'll enjoy the true NARP experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts